Friday, January 21, 2011

Russian connection 2

And of course...Russians are everywhere! So I sit in a lovely cafe, after interviewing our potential Finance manager, when I suddenly hear familiar language...And it is not English!

So Ms N has lived in Namibia for the last 25 years, and he husband is a doctor. This is one of the most common routes - doctors moved to African countries to help improve the health system long time ago. She says that Namibia is a lovely place to live, and the life is easy - and the climate! I have to agree there - I would move for the climate!!. Turns out there is a whole community of Russian speakers (how do I always find them?), and right next door is a restaurant owned by someone from St Petersburg!

Long story short - I am now a member of that restaurant and enjoy amazing fresh juices at a 15% discount! To be continued...

2 comments: