Friday, January 7, 2011

The basic needs.

Faith picked me up from the station to take me to my new home (at least for the next week). This is it!
After being showed two absolutely identical rooms and getting a warning that some people get a skin rash because they react to the hay roof, I picked a room (second one on the right). Later, I realised that my room number was 13...of course, what else could it be!

The lodge is very nice, clean and cozy. The swimming pool is deceptive, I would not risk going for a swim there, even though the pool boy happily informed me that they clean it every two days! The place is close to the office, and local amenities, such as Spar supermarket, open market and a couple of smaller restaurants. There is also a Fish Consumption centre, which is where I had my first meal in Ongwediva! Voila!
The rest of the day was dedicated to settling in, trying to get my mind in working mode and regaining some strength. Faith came by later to drop off the dongle for the internet with her entire family (of husband and three kids)!!! I asked if they were heading out for dinner, but she said that they came to say hi!! I thought it was really sweet, especially given that Faith is on holiday until Friday and yet she spent half her day trying to sort me out.

2 comments:

  1. Marina, you've had an absolute adventure already! I feel like I'm with you in Namibia. Keep us posted on your adventures; I'm sure it will be really good reading for the next few weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. according to Jewish religion 13 is a happy number, so don't worry !

    ReplyDelete